Tuesday, June 4, 2013

things about color


rust, picture frame, metal container, label, glitter, school work report

One afternoon In 2010 I got out a bunch of stuff to do some art with the girls and held a pair of scissors against a piece of wood from a chair and was spun off for the next couple of months into a complete obsession with putting various objects together. This is not my usual way or usual medium but something clicked and I was completely taken in to making these pieces. It is probably the most fun I've ever had making art. I had no thoughts about what to do; it was all simply made from intuition. I have only found a very few photos, those that didn't sell. I am going to look for more pictures, and will post if I find them.

rust (underneath the metal container - a description of the life cycle of a moth)

black, 8 track cassette, ornament, bobby pin, photo

black, alternate view

bone white, wood, photo of a donkey, screen


celadon, grater, photo, stamp, muslin 
celadon, alternate view

burnt umber, book cover, photo copy, nails, plastic

burnt umber, alternate view

sky blue, spool of thread, japanese newspaper, leather (pre vegan...)

greenish-blue, wood, french stamps, wool (pre vegan), plastic

No comments:

Post a Comment